Agile Software Development Foundation
Although introduced in the new millennium, agile methods have established themselves as prominent and effective methods for managing software development endeavors. With their primary focus on customer satisfaction, team spirit, and project visibility, agile methods present an appealing option for customers, developers, and managers alike.
In this foundation course, attendees will gain the insight on both the mindset behind agility, and the methods that manifest this mindset. Attendees will emerge with clear understanding of agile values, principles, processes and practices. In addition, they will be able to contrast and compare agile methods with traditional software engineering discipline, and understand how to nurture agility in a specific work environment. The course is full of team exercises and examples, and is taught by qualified and certified experts who encourage discussion and deliberation.
Topics to be covered
- Theme 1 | Core concepts
- Agile values and principles
- Lean thinking
- Agile methodologies
- Scrum framework
- Extreme programming
- The typical Agile lifecycle
- Agile roles and responsibilities
- Leadership practices and principles
- Building agile teams
- Creating collaborative team spaces
- Theme 2 | Agile requirements
- Established shared vision
- User stories
- Evolution of user stories
- Story points
- Theme 3 | Project planning and tracking
- Adaptive planning core concepts
- High level planning
- Release planning
- Backlog prioritization
- Iteration length selection
- Velocity estimation
- Iteration planning
- Agile project tracking and control
- Agile meetings
- The daily life of Agile team members
- Theme 4 | Technical practices at a glance
- Agile testing
- Self-testing code
- Continuous integration
- Test driven-development
- Technical debt
- Software code refactoring
Anyone involved or concerned with software development efforts or outcome, including project managers, software developers, testers, team leaders, QA, analysts, UI/UX specialists, etc.
A basic idea about software development and its lifecycle.
The SECC Agile Foundation Certification (AFC)
- The SECC Agile Foundation Certification (AFC) is designed to provide management with a documented level of assurance that team members are equipped with the right blend of skills and knowledge and competent enough in fundamental Agile practices.
- To gain the required Agile related knowledge, carefully study the recommended list of material and prepare for the exam. Examination Handbook: to access the handbook, please visit: SECC Agile Foundation Certification (AFC) Examination Handbook
||For more information about training courses, please send an email with the name of the required training to email@example.com
One of our representatives will respond to your inquiry via email within three working days.
All rights reserved © SECC