DevOps has become a core element of Agile movement towards continuous rapid delivery, extending Agility to operations not only development.
It aims to create a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably.
But, what is DevOps in the first place. Is it a tool? Product? Framework? Process? What exactly?
How can organizations succeed with DevOps? How and where to start my DevOps journey for my organization’s good?
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand what’s DevOps, its value from technical and business perspective.
- Understand the building blocks of DevOps, how they integrate, and challenges associated.
- Understand and apply methodologies related to DevOps.
- Put a “DevOps adoption plan” for your organization.
- Walk through DevOps pipeline (lifecycle) and choose suitable tool chain.
- Continuously assess and improve DevOps value.
Topics to be covered
- The cost of No DevOps (The problem)
- Why DevOps
- What’s DevOps
- What DevOps is NOT?
- Roles and responsibilities
- Methodology (Agile - lean - Kanban?)
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous deployment
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Continuous Release Management
- Continuous App Monitoring
- DevOps Toolchain
- How to choose your solution
The DevOps journey:
- Start with the end… where do we want to be?
- Where are we now (current status)?
- Breaking the big jump into smaller steps
- Let’s collaborate! Roles and Responsibilities integration
DevOps pipeline (lifecycle)
- Live demo on core practices, and complete DevOps pipeline
- Useful References for various toolchain providers implementation guides
Software developers/managers, IT Operations specialists/managers, Team leaders, Testers, Configuration Controllers, Scrum Masters, and Release Managers.
- Having an Agile mindset is highly recommended, with any applied Agile process.
- Basic understanding of Source Control.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration is a plus.
It is preferable to bring your Laptop (you will use SECC PC, but you may want to try something on your personal laptop)
SECC DevOps Fundamentals Certification (SECC-DFC)
Designed to provide individuals/management with a documented level of assurance that the company's team member has fundamental broad knowledge of DevOps elements, technical practices, and how to start an adoption plan.
About the Exam
- Attending the SECC “DevOps Fundamentals Workshop” course is pre-requisite for applying to the exam.
- The exam has 40 questions, in multiple-choice formats, paper-based, in 60 minutes. No breaks are allowed.
- A score of 70% is required to pass the exam.
- Carefully study the course material, and the recommended list of references.
||For more information about training courses, please send an email with the name of the required training to email@example.com
One of our representatives will respond to your inquiry via email within three working days.
All rights reserved © SECC